JW0PK - Svalbard, Prins Karls Forland
Malaysia, Pulau Gual
PA0GAM/4S7 - Sri Lanka
SV9/PG5M - Greece, Crete
T30GM - Kiribati, Tarawa
V6G - FSM, Yap
T2G - Tuvalu, Funafuti
PA0GAM/ST2 - Sudan
PJ2/PG5M - Curacao, Willemstad
CE0Y/PG5M - Rapa Nui
9M2/PG5M - Spratly - Pulau Layang-Layang
The first "Lighthouse" was a 11 meters high iron pole (old rail bar) with a barrel for the fire on top, which was erected in 1862. It was decided to build a real lighthouse, but soon it was experienced how difficult it was to fight against the elements. Building materials were dropped on the rock and workmen landed and constructed barracks that were 'nailed' to the rocks, to be used for their temporary shelter.
When the first storm came, all the building materials and the barracks for the workmen were washed from the rock. Three workmen lost their life and the others were able to get into their boat and fixed it to the still existing old lighthouse pole. Later they could be rescued.
Although in 1836 a real light house was already planned, it was until 1885 when a lighthouse made of stone was built by the Russians, who then ruled Finland. Once the lighthouse was completed, the barrel was replaced by a real lamp, which used petroleum as fuel and the rotation mechanism had to be re-winded every 3 hours by the lighthouse staff.
Because the lighthouse was now operating automatically, no permanent attendance was needed anymore and the lighthouse keeper left the rock. Presently, the lighthouse also maintains a weather station that transmits 23 different measurements to the Meteorological Service Department of Finland.